Fullscript is a health tech startup that has created a platform for practitioners to dispense professional-grade nutritional supplements to their patients. We are the market leaders, have grown over 3000% in 3years and we go above and beyond to make dispensing wellness easy.
We are currently seeking a Senior Front-End Developer who wants to build a world-class experience for hundreds of thousands of people that use Fullscript on a daily basis.
Fullscript is for developers who value getting stuff done and having an impact. We are growing rapidly and are already profitable, but there?s still a huge amount to do. There are loads of low hanging fruit and at Fullscript you will be able to see the impact of your work ? on a massive scale. You won?t be releasing small pieces of a feature, or minor updates, you?ll be releasing new features themselves. Be part of a land-grab; scratch that startup itch; become a Fullscripter.
Here?s what we offer
- A positive work environment that values community, authenticity, ownership, and having an impact
- A fast growing company which means there will be a lot of opportunities to carve a niche for yourself, grow, learn, mentor and move up in your career.
- Interesting technical challenges and complex functionality with the latest front-end technologies.
- A that values respect, code reviews, feedback, autonomy, openness, and having an impact.
- Competitive pay, stock options, company wide hackathons, health and wellness programs, a town hall every Friday, benefits, a training budget, time to learn within work, and 3 weeks paid vacation a year.
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home 2-3 days a week and a large dog friendly office in central Ottawa, just off Elgin Street. Near more restaurants, gyms, bars, stores, and parks than you can shake a stick at.
Most of all we offer an environment where you can have a huge impact. Come change the future of healthcare with us. Come improve our front-end architecture.
About this role
You will work on the product team, reporting to the product lead (, , ) and splitting your time between feature development architectural decisions. Some examples of projects you might be involved in:
- We have a mixture of technologies and we want a unified, well defined approach that values code reuse, performance, unit testing and accessibility. You will work with your team lead to define where we are now, where we want to be and how to make it happen. This could be , , , or something else. It?s up to you to make the argument.
- Optimising the conversion rates of key workflows like the practitioner onboarding and prescription compliance rate. We value data and you will know the business impact of your work.
- Developing new features. We have a pretty exciting product roadmap which includes simple projects, complex projects and everything in-between. We expect these projects to have significant impact on the business, and on development.
- Fixing bugs and suggesting projects that will improve the healthcare industry for practitioners and patients.
You will be given a great deal of autonomy and it will be up to you to make your projects a success. Fullscript is growing at pace and has such significant revenue it?s up to you to prove where you can best deliver value. This job description is just an idea of where you?ll start.
The Tech Stack
For simple interfaces we use pretty vanilla Ruby on Rails. For more complex interfaces we?ve historically layered Angular on top of Rails backed by Restful API?s but we no desire to write Angular moving forward. We have a separate single page application built with React, Redux and GraphQL and we experimenting with Typescript, preact and Jest. We love ES6&7 and Typescript and we have significant experience with React and Redux.
How to apply for this role
To apply please write a cover letter addressed to Alix Balevi. Your cover letter should be specific. We are not interested in a generic cover letter that fits every application. Please also talk briefly about your experience with one of the following topics:
- A time you optimized page speed. What tools did you use? How did you approach this? What changes did you make? What was the impact?
- A time you made code changes to make a team more productive. This could be a component library, a style-guide, build tools, abstractions or something else.
- A time you optimised a process. This could be related to design, project management, user experience, code reviews, collaboration, deployments or something else.
- Something else. Fullscript is where people go to have an impact, so tell us a story that demonstrates that you value that.
Fullscript is a place where you can have an impact. If you are unsure if your experience level matches, please still apply. We value smart passionate people who have a good attitude and want to have an impact.
We can?t wait to read your application!Fullscript is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented people no matter their race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, national origin, physical or mental disability or age.