(mt) Media Temple is looking for a UX-centric, Front-End Developer to join our team and help us grow, develop, and modernize our online properties. As a member of the (mt) UX team, you’ll be designing beautiful and easy-to-use user experiences and interfaces. Responsibilities will range from feature development, platform enhancements, and UX improvements. As a Senior Developer, you will also need great communication and architecture skills to lead and build new applications.
- Maintain company website using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, and management tools.
- Build user-friendly landing pages to increase traffic and conversion rates.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, and develop content criteria.
- Adhere to Company style-guide to maintain consistency on all web platforms.
- Evaluate code to ensure validity, proper structure, and compatibility with browsers, devices, and operating systems.
- Identify and correct problems uncovered by testing and customer feedback.
- Collaborate with team members via Git using feature branches in a continuous deployment environment.
- Promote team cooperation and commitment to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Manage time, priorities and resources.
- Adapt to changing business needs, conditions and responsibilities.
- B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering, Development, Design or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of professional in-house experience on a UX or Engineering team.
- Experience with browser-based development tools (Chrome DevTools, Adobe Creative Suite, etc).
- Understanding of responsive design principles.
- Familiarity with Agile development environment.
- Experience with the command line.
- Experience with testing and user acceptance best practices.
- Knowledge of process automation tools (make, rake, gulp, grunt).
- Portfolio or Github account.
- Experience with React.js
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive salary.
- Full health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- 401(k) matching.
- "Freeloader" Lunch Friday's, bagel Monday's, and a stacked kitchen to keep the engine fueled.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Ping-Pong, video game consoles, pool table, monthly happy hours, and other fun events (Yes the rumor is true, Snoop Dogg played at our Holiday party).
- And yes, even Rover is welcomed at work!.
Job ID R000379