What will I be doing? ?
- Collaborate on a team of designers, developers, marketers, and more to transform ideas into unique, human experiences for current and future customers of Intercom. Our team creates award-winning sites that are shared widely and often featured on sites like Product Hunt and Hacker News. Check out our Brand Studio here.
- Obsess about how we build our products, in areas ranging from performance to animation, accessibility and more.
- Have pride in the quality of your work. Join us to do the best work of your career.
- Have regular opportunities and support for career growth. We’re in it for the long haul.
What skills do I need? ?
- 4-5+ years of experience building sites using bare-bones HTML, CSS and JS. We love and use frameworks, but you need to understand the rudiments.
- Building and maintaining reusable components
- Implementing responsive layouts with adaptive grids
- Dynamic and performant animations
- Familiarity using AJAX to create clear and seamless UX
- Well-versed in use of event handlers for form submissions, scrolljacking, etc.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility
- Semantic HTML
Bonus skills & attributes ?
- Work experience on a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team
- Working with and managing design systems
- Knowledge/understanding of type layout/hierarchy
- Experience working with tools like Intercom, Marketo, Google Tag Manager, and more.
- Thorough understanding of techniques to have browser compatibility, backwards and forwards.
- Comfort in Sketch, Photoshop, or similar design tools
- Experience with server-side code and frameworks (we use Ruby on Rails for many things, but familiarity with any server-side work is okay)
- Technologies we employ:
- BEM or other approaches to writing CSS
- Rails asset pipelines
- Wordpress or PHP
- PWAs, complex images, advanced animation
- webpack, babel, and npm/yarn
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!