At Broadcom, we believe that all our products should be engaging but also easy to use, we are looking for Software Engineers interested in working at the crossroads of design and development to build an ecosystem of tools and principles to help Mainframe product teams to deliver high-quality, accessible, and consistent UI’s. Join us to leverage your UI expertise to help to modernize our enterprise software products.
Opportunities to Make an Impact
- This development role will produce deliverables for use in all products in our Mainframe division teams, working directly for the Director of UI and UX strategy.
- Work collaboratively with our Product, UX, and Engineering teams to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and contribute to the strategic roadmap
- Build great user interfaces and experiences with our in house component library, used by all Broadcom’s Mainframe software products.
- Work with leads to provide thought leadership and storytelling around how we may support the evolution of digital procurement tools through design.
- Analyzes, debugs and/or assists in problem-solving in both development and production environments.
- Actively support and contribute to end of iteration demos.
What sets you apart
- Knowledge of MVC, MVVM architectural patterns, and microservice at front-end architectures.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.Leads design and delivery of new products/processes.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.Applies broad concepts and theories to achieve innovative and effective solutions to complex problems.
- Passion for building high-impact, well-performing user experiences.Coaches and mentors other junior team members - Supervision : Incumbents provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in his/her area of specialization.
- Examples that show your coding and attention to visual detail.
- Determines own priorities, both tactical and strategic - Experience : Bachelors and 8+ years of related experience; at this level post-graduate coursework may be desirable or Masters degree and 6+ years of related experience or PhD and 3+ years of related experience
This position is open for multiple location including: San Jose CA, Plano TX , Pittsburg PA, Lisle IL Broadcom locations in the US.
This position is open for multiple locations including: San Jose, Plano, Pittsburgh, Lisle (Chicago) Illinois"
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.