Kforce's client, an Aerospace Company in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ) is looking for a Senior FPGA Design Engineer. We are looking for candidates Nationwide willing to relocate to the State of Arizona. Once again, the position is in Arizona.
Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for design, simulation, coding, and implementation of DSP and control algorithms in FPGAs for generating and decoding waveforms. This position will be part of a team developing a suite of commercial avionics communication and navigation equipment based on software defined radio methodologies.
- BS degree in EE or equivalent
- At least 5-8+ years of experience in FPGA development
- Experienced with bench equipment; network/spectrum/vector analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- High level knowledge of communications systems
- Working knowledge of current FPGA technologies, have worked with major supplier's products; Xilinx, Altera, Actel, Lattice, Atmel, etc.
- Proficient in VHDL or Verilog
Demonstrated ability to:
- Implement complex algorithms using FPGAs, adeptly handling placement, routing, and timing constraints
- Work with a project team to resolve integration issues at board and system levels
Preferredqualifications, but notrequired:
- Experience working in a team developing product and board level requirements
- Modulation, demodulation, digital signal processing, discrete-time math, various waveforms; AM, FM, D8PSK, C4FM, PI/4DQPSK, etc.
- Design experience of software defined tactical radios (preferred), and/or Com/Nav designs
- Design and simulate waveform generators and decoders with high level tools (e.g. MATLAB)
- Experience with requirement management tools
- Experience developing under FAA certification environment, (e.g. DO-254)
Knowledge of the following technologies/skills is a plus:
- P-25 system and C4FM/CQPSK modulation techniques
- Tetra system and PI/4DQPSK modulation techniques
- Radio navigation and communications standards; DME, ILS, VOR, GPS, etc.
- Mesh radio's, Wi-Fi, Codec, 3G/4G LTE