We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we're the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America. Today, we're one of the fastest-growing vacation rental companies in the world—thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You'll fit right in here if you're curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Finance at Vacasa
We think perfect spreadsheets and balanced books are beautiful. Our team embraces the crucial nature of our work and digs into the details to sleuth out correct data. We work with vendors, owners, partners, and employees to keep the gears turning.
What we're looking for
Vacasa is seeking a Senior FP&A Compensation Analyst to provide support for our global business by acting as the subject matter expert of our compensation programs and analytics.
What you'll do
In this leadership role, you'll be responsible for working collaboratively with all levels of the organization and supporting them with financial reporting and compensation planning. This role requires strong customer focus and passion to drive continuous process improvement.
Responsibilities will include (but certainly not be limited to):
- Delivering timely, accurate, and effective analysis and reporting of financial and operational performance metrics
- Developing standard and ad-hoc reports, key metrics and dashboards for business stakeholders and global finance and employee experience teams
- Tracking performance relative to headcount budgets, forecasts, and performance targets
- Leading the quarterly compensation review process, tracking and reporting on performance relative to plan, and managing ongoing rolling forecast updates
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes, workflows, security and conditional approvals in order to drive consistency and automation while reducing manual processes, resulting in efficiencies, enhanced reporting and strong data integrity.
- Building collaborative, proactive partnerships with internal teams and external vendors to gather data, identify needs and recommend solutions.
- Developing and documenting standards that ensure the data integrity of HR information globally and ensuring compliance with GDPR and related regulations
- Promoting proactive approaches using technology, reporting and analytics to solve business needs
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring processes to ensure consistent high value, efficient compensation programming and analytics
- Analyzing complex pay transactions, identifying issues that exist and working with internal teams to identify root cause of payroll system issues, assessing risk and implementing mitigation plans to minimize or eliminate future occurrences
- Supporting the creation of a job leveling/pay banding program across the global business
Skills you'll need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- 5-7 years of experience in finance and strategic analysis; preference for experience on a finance team supporting HR
- Experience in creating and automating dashboards, standard reports, scorecards, ad-hoc reports, and data visualization that provide key business insights
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL
- High proficiency in financial analysis and model building
- Comprehensive understanding of the "big picture" around compensation and how to deploy various levers effectively
- Expertise on equity platforms as a compensation tool and experience with executive compensation
- Courage to challenge the status quo with innovative ideas around Compensation and Total Rewards and its evolving role in high-growth companies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization and the ability to distill complex topics into digestible formats
- High motivation and willingness to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Strong work ethic and collaborative approach
- Ability to think creatively and thrive in ambiguity