General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Mid-Level Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Project Engineer.
Under general supervision with limited review, this position is responsible for determining and developing effective approaches for resolving a wide range of difficult engineering problems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results. Work is reviewed at milestones or at completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Documents findings, communicates results to engineering staff and makes technical presentations as required. May coordinate segments of a specific project and may have frequent inter- organization and customer contact on difficult technical issues. Provides direction to design or technical staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Country Lead Project Engineer to fulfill the technical obligations of the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Program requirements.
- Support operation of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and repair systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Provide documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Direct the activities of designers, technicians and may direct the activities of less experienced professional staff.
- May represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of experience with a Master’s degree.
- May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Job ID#: 20334BR