Handles all aspects of maintaining and recording fixed assets. Ensures accurate calculation and posts of depreciation expense, analyzes invoices to ensure proper classification as a capital asset, and completes monthly, quarterly and yearly reconciliations. Inaddition, this role assists in the development, maintenance and review of internal controls.
- Acts as primary point of contact and owner of the SAGE fixed asset system.
- Reviews invoices to ensure proper account coding and compliance with capitalization policy.
- Serves as cross-functional liaison for fixed asset transactions, invoice approvers on capitalization policy, account coding and processing deadlines.
- Performs asset capitalization, transfers and disposals in SAGE.
- Analyzes CIP projects and capitalize in SAGE when projects are complete.
- Prepares journal entries, account analysis and reporting, including all Fixed Asset schedules for interim and EOY external financial audit.
- Works closely with internal departments (i.e. tax) and external agencies to provide fixed asset reporting when requested.
- Owns fixed assets SOX cycle including Control matrix and Narrative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with others.
- Experience and strong understanding of internal controls
- Strong project management and attention to detail
- Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolving to meet changing business needs.
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges.
- Fosters teamwork across the organization with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Passion for driving and delivering results and delivering constructive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 6+ years of accounting experience, preferably with 3-4 years of fixed assets.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.