As a Senior Firmware Test Engineer in the Solid State Drives (SSD) group at Micron Technology, you will develop test plans, test cases and infrastructure to validate and verify firmware for Solid State Drives using NAND Flash memory. This involves creating test plans and designing automated white-box tests to fully test firmware for new high-performance mass storage controllers. Your tests will be used to verify reliability, endurance, and performance requirements of Solid State Drives for the client market. You can expect to work closely with engineering project management, fellowfirmware test engineers, firmwaredevelopers, system hardware design engineers, product engineers, Flash memory design engineers, and production engineers to solve cross-functional design issues.
In this role, you will work closely with the firmware development team working in an Agile development process. The test plans and test cases that you develop will use white-box testing methodology to fully validatefirmware functionality on a module by module basis as the firmware is being developed. You will be expected to create test plans, define testing methods, specify required white box test interfaces, design test algorithms, and write Python test scripts to verify the implementation of an individual firmware module and the firmware module’s correct operation when it is integrated into the full product firmware. You will test the firmware in a variety of environments including simulation, FPGA prototyping, and on prototype hardware.
Your responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creating test plans and strategies to improve firmware quality and test coverage.
- Developing automated testing procedures and infrastructure to improve coverage and efficiency.
- Developing white-box oriented testing methods to verify and validatefirmware product.
- Analyzing and triaging testing, performance, and quality data related to firmware products.
- Establishing working relationships with firmware development engineers to improve code quality.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- 5+ years of embedded firmware testing experience.
- Experience with test script development using Python or a similar language
- C/C++ embedded software development experience.
- Knowledge of test automation, testing methodologies, and test tools.
- Storage industry experience and experience with NVMe, SATA, or SAS protocol. (Preferred)
Bachelor or Masters Degree
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.