Quanergy is Inc. is a privately-held Silicon-Valley-based technology company leading the development of 3D-LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D perception, including object detection, tracking, identification, classification and mapping. We are disrupting the LiDAR space, and accelerating the growth of the IoT ecosystem with more affordable, better performing, and smaller LiDAR sensors.
The Electronic Firmware Engineer will develop and commercialize exciting new technologies for our advanced LiDAR sensors and system solutions. She/he will define system specs, determine firmware architectures, implement and test embedded hardware and firmware, and work with suppliers and manufacturers to design for manufacturability and take our product to production. The successful candidate will keep current with the latest research and advances in the field, help shape the direction of the firmware side of the product, and be comfortable tackling unfamiliar or broadly defined problems with little or no outside direction.
- She/he will define system specs, determine firmware architectures, implement and test embedded hardware and firmware, and work with suppliers and manufacturers to design for manufacturability and take our product to production.
- Professional experience in FPGA design with at least 10 year’s experience bringing products from concept to volume production.
- Fluent in RTL/Verilog and C/ C++. Practical experience with Python and Web Servers.
- Experience in creating GUI interfaces.
- Experience with Xilinx / Altera FPGA designs and verification using ModelSim.
- Experience with version control (preferably Git).
- Experience with algorithm / data analysis using MATLAB.
- Micro-controller firmware development in Ubuntu Linux environment and proficient in Linux scripting.
- 10 years of FPGA programming in RTL and C++
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and ability to use lab equipment – Oscilloscope, JTAG ICE tools, etc. for debugging and analysis.
- Knowledge and ability to use communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, etc.
- Familiar with Agile processes and development.
- Comfortable with software quality practices such as code reviews and continuous integration.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience with algorithm development and signal processing.
- Experience with DMA.
- Experience in developing DSPs as RTL modules using fixed- or floating-point arithmetic.
- Experience with PetaLinux and Linaro.
- Experience with ChipScope