Generac Power Systems – Generac’s products are in use round the world 24/7 and are recognized as one of the top brands in power generation.Generac fosters a passion for engineering coupled with a fast paced development environment that allows room for career growth. We recognize that our products are only as good as our people, and as such we are seeking talented individuals to fill these positions. Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Electronics Engineer 3 – Senior Engineer (Firmware).
The Electronics Engineer III – Senior Engineer will be involved in all aspects of new product designs. This will include not just an understanding of firmware, but also of the physics behind the designs themselves. The firmware engineer will be specifically involved in the design and development of new control algorithm’s, and system testing both in lab and on real products. This is an opportunity to use or extend your firmware knowledge into tangible systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes;
- Creating software specifications;
- Designing new software modules and developing supporting documentation;
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates test specifications for new systems.
- Maintaining existing software and documentation;
- Participating in FMEA/DFMEA and design reviews;
- Supervising project documentation, test procedures, manuals etc.;
- Designing new control algorithm and Applications Engineering;
- Collaborates with internal product partners, designers and product specialists to optimize more complex specifications for integrations
- Creating PC based testing tools (in software).
- Creating test specifications for new systems;
- Participating in formal design reviews;
- Testing new hardware designs via custom software;
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline including software and electronics;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- Use and understanding of interrupt structures;
- Real time firmwareexperience using microcontrollers and RTOS;
- Knowledge of microprocessor hardware interfacing techniques, such as IIC, SPIbus, EEprom, Flash, RS232/485, analog interfaces, etc.;
- Knowledge of control systems using PID loops;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding and a good knowledge of engineering principles.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong skills in creativity, conceptualization and visualization.
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to solve complex engineering problems;
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good knowledge of hardware;