Job Summary The Senior Firewall Engineer will design, modify, develop, write, and implement software programming applications or design, install, configure, and maintain technical infrastructure for the security infrastructure. Accountability
- Manage firewall requests
- Analyze network security requirements
- Develop network security documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Experience in network security including: Device Hardening and patching, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, and IPSec, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection
- Experience with Next Generation and web application firewalls
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA and Barracuda Firewalls
- Understanding of controls (e.g. access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security).
- Must be well versed in operating systems such as Linux as well as Windows environments, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks
- Experience in administrating and troubleshooting firewalls within medium to large, complex organizations.
- Public and private cloud software defined networking – Amazon Direct Connect, AWS VPC, Azure ExpressRoute, VMware NSX, Cisco ACI
- Deploy Site to site and Corporate VPN solutions with multi-factor authentication
- Experience with packet capture and analysis methodologies.
- Preferred applicants will also be familiar with government information assurance standards including FFIEC, COBIT, NIST 800-53, auditing and accreditation processes.
- Preferred certifications/status: CCNP-SEC, CCNA-R/S, CCNA-CyberOps, Certified Ethical Hacker