GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD is embarking on an aggressive growth strategy for our Fire Protection Engineering/Life Safety service line. GHD is currently seeking senior level Fire Protection Engineers .
These are exciting and challenging opportunities for senior level Fire Protection Engineers with excellent technical, operational and management skills to develop and manage full-service fire protection consulting office practices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience in the Application of Fire Zone and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Fire Modeling
- Project Management Capability (i.e. project, staff, financial)
- Active Involvement in the Codes and Standards Development Process within the Fire Protection Industry
- Design and consult on Fire Protection Systems, Building/Fire Code & Standards and Fire Protection and Life Safety both in the office and in the field for commercial, institutional and healthcare facilities.
- Design Fire Protection Systems including: water based fire pumps, tanks, distribution/hydrants, sprinkler, water spray, standpipe and hose.
- Design of Fire Alarm & Detection, Supervising Station and Mass Notification Systems
- Consult with architects, engineers and other clients on Building/Fire Code & Standards Consulting including negotiating with Fire Marshals and Building Officials
- Identify various hazards, mitigation techniques and recommended solutions, materials, and equipment on Fire Protection and Life Safety Consulting.
- Knowledge of National Building and Fire Codes and Standards
- Minimum Requirements
- B.S. in Fire Protection Engineering, Master's a plus
- 5-15 years of experience in the evaluation/design of Fire Protection Systems or Building/Fire Code Consultation.
- Registered P. E. in Fire Protection Engineering
- Experience in Developing Contract Documents for a wide variety of Fire Alarm and Suppression Systems (Including Special Suppression Systems)
- Proven Track Record in Developing Clients and New Business Opportunities
- Excellent Communication and Client / Staff Management Skills