Are you ready for the next step in your professional career? Southland Industries is looking for a Senior Fire Protection Design Engineer to join our
Fire Protection Design Department, which provides design capabilities for Southland divisions and innovative projects across the country.
What you'll do:
- Pursue and lead the conceptual design effort on a variety of significant projects.
- Direct and lead a fire protection team and provide fire protection design training and technical support.
- Create and implement new lead design processes, solutions and standards that will ultimately make our team and company better.
- Hold accountability for the success of a fire protection project from beginning to end.
- Responsible for conceptual project design.
- Represent the company as a fire protection design professional at project and company design meetings.
- Prepare preliminary (redline) design layouts for estimating.
- Perform deliverables and products such as calculations, drawings, and specifications related to fire protection systems.
- Perform site inspections to determine compliance with construction documents and resolves design issues during the construction phase.
- Code Compliance Authority.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- A history of developing positive relationships with general contractors and clients while exhibiting company core values, and are able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, including project management and field trades.
- Ability to lead and influence the technical design solutions on prospective projects.
- 8+ years of experience, as well as certifications in Fire Protection. PE is preferred.
- Creativity to come up with out of the box solutions.
- Experience working large and small office buildings, hotels, hospitals, data centers, central plants, co-generation, high-tech manufacturing and laboratories.