Senior FinancOperations Manager - Confidential
Our client is a direct importer of fine wines in the Napa area.
Senior Finance / Operations Manager
You've worked hard to get where you are today. You want your next step to be the right one. And now, you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things.
Utilizing your arsenal of expertise and experience, our client will rely on your integrity and leadership to successfully perform the following duties:
- Lead annual planning and budgeting process and collaborate with key stakeholders in to develop the annual profit and loss (P&L) plan.
- Collaborate with commercial leads to develop the case, revenue and gross profit plan for the state and collaborate with business unit leaders to develop operating expense plans to support the business.
- Collaborate with operations leaders to develop the annual capital budget and provide return-on-investment analyses to support project decisions.
- Provide financial analysis and reporting to General Manager to support executive leadership decision making and identifying areas of opportunity.
- Oversee local accounting resources and ensure processes and procedures are running effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements and analytical reviews.
- Review gross profit performance and identify areas of opportunity to improve gross margin.
- Work with Trade Development, marketing managers and sales consultants to ensure that profitability is maintained.
- Provide monthly financial reconciliation and tracking of supplier spends and programming mix.
- Conduct root-cause analysis to identify variances and implement corrective actions.
- Conduct various analyses as needed such as spend proposals, financial accruals, structure changes and programs return on investment (ROI).
- Work with Accounting and outside auditors as needed for mid-year and year-end audits.
- Handle of all aspects of accounting, monthly financial statement preparation and cash management, including any financing/borrowing that may be required.
- Lead annual budget preparation and develop 3-year financial plan.
- Analyze potentially profitability, risk and return for new business initiatives.
- Oversee sales and programming analytics, including managing the sales analyst.
- Manage/coordinate any HR issues with employees.
- Oversee customer service (order entry), purchasing and inventory management.
- Manage the Napa office and Napa based employees (staff of 5 including the Sales Analyst).
- Manage 3rd party service providers including IT, warehousing and compliance.
- Conduct performance evaluations; recommend salary adjustments; reward employees or take disciplinary action, addresses complaints and resolves issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, OR equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting with analytic duties.
- 1 year of advanced use of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (formulas, pivot tables, and Vlookup).
- Knowledge with standard concepts, practices and procedures within accounting.
- Strong financial acumen including knowledge of gross profit drivers such as volume, price and mix.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail skills to process large amounts of financial data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationship and collaboration across different departments, often virtually.
- Ability to identify areas of financial opportunity and propose solutions, discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information and explain variances.
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Must handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Wine and Spirits industry knowledge.
- CPG industry experience.