Purpose of Job
Routinely, guides and facilitates cross functional teams. Teaches and mentors others about simple to moderately complex financial processes. Proven ability to use financial principles to solve complex business analytical, and technical support problems. In addition, proven ability based on requirements and understanding of financial processes to design and develop financial solutions.
We are seeking a talented Senior Financial Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Guides and facilitates cross-functional teams: performing financial forecast and plans, modeling scenarios, executing stress tests and performing economic modeling for USAA business units.
- Applies advanced knowledge to lead a financial process or financial category that may include: income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability management.
- Acts as a key resource and valued business partner, providing informed, proactive financial analysis with fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives that will enable better decision making by senior management.
- Routinely interacts with senior management becoming their trusted advisor on financial issues. Makes recommendations to solve day-today, as well as strategic financial business problems.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, services and processes.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of a complex nature.
- Teaches others about financial processes, drivers and systems ensuring information sharing and knowledge transfer to less experienced team members. Reviews the work of other analysts.
- Six plus years of financial / accounting analysis or related work experience OR Four years of financial / accounting analysis or related work experience with significant progress towards an advanced financial degree or designation (ex. Masters, CFA, CPA)
- Fluent in most major areas of financial management: income, expense, balance sheet, liquidity, risk, capital, pricing and economic modeling
- Advanced knowledge of relevant technical (accounting/finance) discipline
- Ability to successfully complete an analyst technical and cultural assessment
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics or a related field (or four years of equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required).
- Experience with Oracle ERP, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Planning, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Balance Sheet Planning (BSP), Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service
- Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Excel Addin, Hyperion Smart View, Hyperion Financial Reporting (FR), Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDMEE), Data Relationship Management (DRM)
- Cognos Planning Version 10.1.1, Cognos Planning Analyst, including experience with Cognos user security maintenance and performing Cognos administrator maintenance
- Financial Services background with proven understanding of the CFO FP&A (Financial Planning and analytics) function
- Proven Experience with taking requirements, analyzing requirements, then designing, developing, building and maintaining financial models
- Proven Experience leading processes and projects
- Proven Experience with data analytics and business application support
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with creative mindset to enhance models and processes
- Demonstrated aptitude to trouble shoot issues and perform tasks in a fast-pace environment with changing priorities and deadlines
Job Number: R0013143