Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 850 lawyers located in 52 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a Law Firm of the Year six consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms.” In 2017, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Labor Law - Management category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Our Greenville, SC administrative office is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Systems Analyst to join the Firm’s expanding Finance Department.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst’s responsibilities include assisting with the day to day administration of the Firm’s time and billing system, supporting attorneys and other internal clients by providing data and end-user support, and ensuring financial information data integrity. Reports to the Senior Manager of Client Accounting Applications Development & Support.
The following are the most common duties/responsibilities of the position, but are not limited to and may be modified at any time:
- Supports Elite Enterprise, Elite Webview, nQueue Billback, IntApp Total Time, and otherfinancial systems
- Supports the Firm’s custom ancillary applications that integrate with Elite Enterprise
- Provides data and reports to Accounting and other departments within the Firm using various tools such as T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Elite Enterprise, Excel and Intellistat
- Review master file tables (i.e. timekeeper, matter, general ledger accounts, cost codes, ledger codes, etc.)
- Maintains user security within Elite Enterprise
- Monitors, and corrects as necessary, system batch reports and data integrity reports
- Identifies and resolves all end-user and data issues for Elite Enterprise
- Perform Elite month-end balancing and reporting
- Liaison between all Accounting sub-departments
- Open tickets with Elite support to resolve issues
- Assists with implementing software application version upgrades
- Support collaboration between Elite and all third party applications.
- Propose and implement new processes to improve efficiency of department
- Creates and maintains documentation for the Financial Systems group
- Bachelordegree in systems or accounting strongly preferred
- 8+ years of financial systems experience
- Proficient knowledge of Aderant Expert, Elite Enterprise, or similar accounting software
- Understand accounting transaction flows
- Knowledge of back-end SQL tables of Aderant Expert or Elite Enterprise preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills highly desired
- Proficiency in T-SQL
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Accounting knowledge desired
- Analytical, able to mine and collect data to analyze and make decisions to accomplish responsibilities
- Proactive problem solving, gathers and analyzes information to make decisions to accomplish responsibilities
- Communication skills, responds quickly to inquiries, and has clear, concise writing style
- Organization skills, manage, prioritize, and handle simultaneous projects/tasks
- Teamwork, willing and eager to help others and share knowledge and skills
- Initiative, takes independent actions and uses own judgment to make decisions to accomplish responsibilities