Do you want to develop game-changing technology – and find novel ways to make it better? Are you interested in helping us push the technological envelope? Broadway is seeking Senior Software Developers to develop state-of-the-art C++ trading applications for our groundbreaking high-performance automated trading platform.
This is your opportunity to be at the forefront of one of the most exciting areas on Wall Street. You will play a critical role in the full development life cycle, from conception through support and maintenance, including many fast-cycle version iterations.
- Design, implement, and release state-of-the-art components and applications for mission-critical, high-performance, globally distributed systems
- Maintain the Broadway brand and advance Broadway’s impeccable reputation for customer satisfaction. Work closely with customer-facing consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs. Champion Broadway’s culture and development methodology within assigned projects/teams
- Create and track project plans. Convey project status, issues, and risks effectively
- Lead and mentor junior developers
- Be a team player—share information openly, help others, be open to new ideas, and “go the extra mile” when needed
- Exceptional programming skills
- Exceptional distributed systems programming skills
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles, life cycle, and best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn a new industry and technology quickly
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Strong self-management skills, initiative, and ability to juggle multiple disparate projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Masters preferred
- Candidates will face stringent technical interviews
- At least 5 years programming in at least one industry-standard language (C++, Python, C#, C, Java)
- Experience with Python, Perl, Linux, Win 32, and/or UNIX/Solaris a plus
- Experience with financial software and/or financialtrading, especially in fixed income, a plus
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution) a plus
- Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle version iterations a plus.