The Stock Plan Services (SPS) Financial Reporting Team is currently looking for an experienced Financial Reporting Manager. Stock Plan Services provides equity compensation recordkeeping and brokerage services to corporate clients and their employees. The SPS Financial Reporting Team supports corporate clients' financial reporting obligations pursuant to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("ASC 718") and International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS 2"). The Financial Reporting Manager is a dedicated resource to corporate plan sponsors, and assists them with understanding how share-based payment concepts are interpreted and applied in the SPS reporting suite.
What you'll do:
The Sr. Financial Reporting Manager role is responsible for providing a world class client experience for our corporate clients. As a dedicated resource to assigned clients, the Sr. FRM will provide proactive, consultative support to plan sponsors. The Sr. FRM is well versed in technical accounting concepts and provides expert advice on how to best leverage the software platform.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Be a subject matter expert in domestic and international share-based payment concepts
- Provide support to clients using the Schwab EquiView® financial reporting system from settings configuration to expense and disclosure reporting
- Design, plan and implement action plans to ensure clients are leveraging the most current version of Schwab's financial reporting functionality and best practices
- Enhance client satisfaction. Deepen relationships with client Finance and Accounting teams, and develop referenceable clients.
- Provide proactive communication around product enhancements and/or regulatory rule changes
- Serve as an escalation point for month-end/quarter-end close process
- Support the growth of our business through participation in sales presentations and business development activities
- Identify and Drive product platform enhancement opportunities to meet evolving client needs and ensure compliance as rule changes are implemented. Provide business acceptance testing support.
- Stay abreast of industry and rule updates, providing guidance to the team and product partners on how to support these changes.
- Consult/Participate in development of on-site Client Service Review meeting materials
- Act as an ambassador of Schwab's vision and culture
- Train team members on new functionality and compliance/rule changes. Mentor and assist with the development of analysts and other team members
What you'll have:
- 5-8 years' experience working in the equity compensation industry and at least 4 years working with ASC 718 & IFRS 2, or similar work experience in the Accounting industry
- Passion for providing world-class client service
- Strong business analysis skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to provide on-time delivery of project deliverables
- Ability and desire to effectively work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced skills with MS Office suites
- BA/BS degree required
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification desired
- Travel Requirements: Occasional Travel