Prepares financial reports to the Company's Boards of Directors, regulators and to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Prepares assigned sections of these financial reports by working collaboratively with multiple business units and departments at the Company.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Prepares both non-financial and financial sections of SEC/periodic reports (e.g. 10Q's, 10K's, 8K's), regulatory financial filings and Board of Director reports.
• Engages with management across the organization to understand business transactions to facilitate financial reporting.
• Validates that sufficient documentation exists to support and explain all reported financial results and discussions.
• Conducts accounting research, interprets and assists in implementing company policy on disclosure requirement relating to GAAP standards and compliance with SEC accounting rules and regulations.
• Performs controls and procedures related to Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley and ensures that formal policies and procedures are updated to depict current processes within the Financial Reporting area.
• Participates in updating XBRL to include additions and updates to the taxonomy.
• Assesses and recommends improvements to report preparation systems, policies and processes and leads assigned projects to implement approved changes.
• Establishes and maintains a rapport with key contacts in other departments to facilitate the timely and accurate flow of information necessary for proper disclosure.
• Accurately prepares the Statement of Cash Flows, as assigned, including working with other departments to understand all important business transactions, and implements the appropriate controls in either excel or other tools such as HFM or Smartview.
• Works with external auditors in connection with their periodic reviews and audits of financial statement presentation and disclosure.
• Completes other special projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree Accounting or Business
• 5+ Years relevant work experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial reporting
• Demonstrated working knowledge of GAAP and SEC regulations
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages to diverse audiences at all organization levels, both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated ability to proficiently access and manipulate data for creating financial analyses and other formal presentations
• Demonstrated ability to prepare financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of cash flows) from a trial balance and account activity
• 2+ Years SEC reporting experience
• CPA license and public accounting experience
• Understanding of regulated energy industry
• Demonstrated working knowledge of PeopleSoft query, Workiva, HFM/Smartview and/or XBRL