Purpose of Job:
Financial Planning is a key service provided to clients of SWM. The Senior Financial Planning Consultant (SFPC) is responsible to proactively provide comprehensive financial planning advice and support to high net worth clients and act as the in-field subject matter expert and champion.
1. Responsible for delivery of end-to-end goals based financial plans by:
- Gathering key pertinent data and information about the client through deep discovery
- Preparing, analyzing and reviewing the financial plan and client focused executive summary to ensure that it is congruent with the client's specific needs
- Presenting the financial plan and related strategies
- Identifying opportunities to deepen the relationship and drive business results.
2. Act as subject matter expert and champion for financial planning as a key service available as parat of the Scotia Wealth Management value proposition:
- Providing ongoing professional financial planning advice on complex strategies
- Fostering and encouraging Advisors and Relationship Managers to incorporate financial planning in their business model.
- Championing the value, benefits and outcomes of financial planning to both advisors/RMs and clients.
- Collaborating with internal colleagues (including taxation, insurance consultants, will and estate planners, philanthropic group) to ensure there is an integrated and organized approach to financial planning
- Providing local sofware support and advice as required
- Preparing and facilitating client and staff workshops and seminars on various current topics relating to financial planning
3. Relationship building
- Develop professional relationships with local external experts (i.e. CA's, lawyers, and other professionals as required) to provide optimal service on complex planning matters.
- Build relationships with internal advisors/RMs and other experts to drive collaboration among team members
4. Maintain financial planning professional practice standards and internal service level agreement.
- Remain current on all financial planning related topics
- Following standard proceedures, best practices and professional codes of conduct in regards to client engagements.
- Meet or exceed SLAs
5. Contribute to the effective functioning of the Financial Planning Advisory team by:
- Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
- Candidate must be fluently bilingual (French & English)
- Comprehensive technical understanding and execution of the financial planning process including investments, asset protection, retirement, estate planning, cash management, and taxation issues
- Presentation skills particularly related to financial matters including the ability to present complex financial concepts in an easily understood manner
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to quickly build relationships and trust.
- Working knowledge of the Wealth Management business line including the value proposition, the products and services it provides to high net worth clients, and the manner in which they are delivered
- Ability to work independently in a proactive manner as well as within a Team of Experts to identify
- opportunities while providing the highest level of service possible to the client. This includes the ability to ensure experts are engaged at the right time and in the appropriate manner so as to maximize client service and opportunities for Wealth Management
- Expert knowledge of financial planning software (Naviplan) in order to prepare financial plans
- Ability to travel to meet clients within a designated region to achieve goals in a timely manner
- Knowledge of insurance products and solutions
- University degree
- Accredited financial planning designation (CFP, RFP, PFP, Pl.Fin -IQPF applicable for Quebec)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a high net worth financial planner
- TEP designation
- Life Insurance license
- Professional designation (CA, CMA, CGA, LLB)
- Canadian Securities Course
- Additional estate and/or tax courses
Requisition ID: 20357