This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be a key contributor in the FP&A Department and responsible for the Company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. The position reports to the Manager Financial Planning and Analysis.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, direct donor benefit costs, expenses and non-operating activities for the purpose of determining past financial performance and to project a financial probability.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance. Analyze budget patterns.
- Contribute to the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, and Modeling tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Contribute to the preparation of presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as Manager or Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong leadership skills required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Access skills desirable
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.