Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Leader - Operations
Shape your future
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Leader – Operations that will report directly to the VP Finance – QA-RA-Operations. We’re looking for a detailed, highly analytical and data driven individual to work in a fast-paced and challenging manufacturing environment providing FP&A support to the Operations HQ team. This exciting role requires high attention to detail, the ability to work across multiple functions of the organization, and be in position to meet critical reporting deadlines. This role will work closely with the Operations teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist the VP Finance – QA-RA-Operations with preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts for Operations HQ and analyze the monthly financial results when compared to both budget and forecast.
• Develop standard processes to extract financial data and organize the information so it can be used to support necessary decision making. This will be performed through ad-hoc reporting and data organization related to a wide range of areas including but not limited to spending, scrap activities, purchase price variance, travel and expense spending, capital spending, freight spending, and headcount related activities. The ability to organize and summarize the raw data is critical and will assist with effective decision making.
• Participate in the monthly financial results calls specifically surrounding the performance of the Headquarters function including gaining an understanding of the results through detailed analysis of the information.
• Assist the VP Finance – QA-RA-Operations with development of a standard model of the product costs breakdown (material, labor, overhead) that will be used in assessment of various actions such as make versus buy decisions.
• Maintain and keep current the QA, RA & Operations Approval Authorization Matrix including expansion of additional categories, assignment of proper approval levels, and educating the organization relative to the categories and approval levels in place.
• Maintain roster of incentive/bonus eligible employees and periodically project the anticipated payouts to ensure the business is properly accrued for the projected payouts.
• Support the QA, RA & Operations function with maintaining a strong internal control environment including identification of process opportunities to streamline and enhance process, procedures, and controls.
• Perform other project related analysis, as necessary.
Leave your footprint
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 15+ years of progressive experience in Finance/FP&A/Financial Controls roles.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to work as a team player and collaborate across functions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong user of Microsoft Office products.
• Self-starter that adapts well to change in a fast-paced, data-driven results environment.
• Strong knowledge of business process controls and ability to assess/implement strong control based process, procedures, and controls is a requirement.
• Knowledge of a manufacturing environment is preferred.