Reporting to the Head of Wealth Planning, this individual will be responsible for providing financial planningsupport and expertise for Janney’s high net worth Financial Advisors (FAs) in the Northern Region that includes CT, MA, RI, and NY.
The Senior Financial Planner will support the marketing and delivery of financial plans to Janney’s FAs and their clients. This individual will be responsible for the growth and usage of financial planning within a subset of Janney branch offices. They will work closely with FAs in the field to incorporate financial planning into their existing advisory processes.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as internal consultant to provide subject matter expertise to FAs and their clients.
- Create and deliver formal presentations to clients in an effort to grow, retain, and manage client relationships.
- Provide support and advice to FAs, their clients and their attorneys, CPAs, and other trusted advisors.
- Offer recommendations for strategic planning.
- Conduct meetings to discuss tax, estate, and financial planning related topics.
- Coach FAs on the virtues of using the planning process to improve client relationships and increase assets under management.
- Foster teamwork and business partnerships across the organization.
- Stay current on industry standards, financial planning, tax, and legal matters and remain competitive by engaging best practices.
- Solid understanding of the competitive landscape around financial planning and other wealth management solutions.
- Background and familiarity with income tax issues.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with high level of attention to detail.
- Up to 60% regional travel.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- CFP® designation, JD, CPA or other advanced degree or designation required.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Financial Planning.
- FINRASeries 7 & 66 (or 63 & 65) required.