We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
Reporting to the Senior Director FP&A, the Sr. Financial Analyst role is needed for our growing Finance department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing multiple budgets (reconciliation, forecasting, and planning) across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the designated area's expense plans and monthly forecasts
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial reporting, including monthly forecasts, reconciliations of actual results to forecast and annual planning
- Facilitate regular meetings with budget stakeholders and provide actionable commentary on spend, forecast and budget planning based on the changing needs of the business.
- Complete monthly variance analyses for all functional areas and provide insights on spending levels versus plan and prior year
- Continuously evaluate expenses across the functional areas to identify potential efficiencies.
- Perform cost reporting - planning & tracking
- Ensure compliance with internal and external accounting standards and financial policies
- Supports FP&A with all financial planning, forecasting and analysis activities
- Partners with the direct manager to develop and oversee the work product of junior financial analysts and provide training and guidance as required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
- 5-8 years' of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data sets and provide valuable relevant insight to the business.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills – must be able to clearly present financial data clearly in the form of a story to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to build successful relationships with stakeholders and peers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly with intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Strong quantitative abilities and attention to detail
- Problem solver, curious, communicative and forward-thinking
- Comfortable being a proactive self-starter balancing multiple priorities