- Maintain cost accounting system in commercial manufacturing environment including establishing target burden rates, standard costs, validating inventory flow from order entry through entries in ERP system, to management reporting.
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing orders and ability to ensure flow through system for accounting all the way to reporting is flowing correctly.
- Work with FP&A team for the fiscal planning process to determine allocation plan and COGS plan.
- Assist in COGS budget to support operations management and process improvement
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard vs. actual such as: PPV analysis, unit cost KPI’s, direct labor analysis.
- Support Capital Investment/Business Cases for product development efforts, by building the financial model, validating assumptions, abiding by company governance, and providing insights and advice. Analyzing actual spend vs. planned spend to enable us to improve the process.
- Provide financial analysis for proposed capital projects within company governance
- Provide analytic support for deep dive initiatives on the company roadmap.
- Help management make important decisions based on costs and benefits (e.g. investments, market growth, pricing changes).
- Monitor changes in processes or methods to calculate effects on overall costs; Suggest cost-reducing or profitable solutions.
- Streamline Cross Functional Process, Communication and Analysis as part of the Costing Estimates.
- Drive continuous improvement through lean sigma greenbelt projects and other initiatives to achieve cost savings and improve profitability.
- Contribute to special projects and ad hoc analysis across departments. Provide financial analysis for product, service, subscription, and leasing evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- 5+ years of solid cost accounting experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment as well as proven financial modeling skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and actions to people at all levels of the organization.
- Good business and financial acumen.
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment with tight deadlines.
- Have excellent oral/written communication, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Must be inquisitive with the ability to solve problems creatively, find solutions, and make recommendations.
- Results and customer-oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to learn other software quickly.
- Strong working knowledge in ERP systems (Deltek or other similar systems).
- Strong working knowledge in CRM systems (Salesforce or other similar systems).
- Strong working knowledge in Reporting Tools (Qlik, Power BI, or other similar systems).
- Complies with and enforces all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures both at CAE Healthcare and wherever representing CAE Healthcare (i.e., program site, trade show, etc.).
- Perform all duties in compliance with legal and ethical standards.
- Maintain security of all proprietary information.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessity dictates.
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.