The person in this position will function as a member of the Finance Team supporting the mission of the Finance Department, MEC, and WR Berkley, as well as be part of the team responsible for SOX financial compliance and alternative business products support. Outside of these processes, the position will be exposed to additional projects and tasks deemed appropriate within the department and the company. The position requires minimal travel and reports to the Manager - Compliance and Alternative Products.
- Lead role in monitoring and evaluation of internal controls to ensure the protection of Company assets and successful compliance with MEC's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts
- Lead role in performing financial underwriting analysis on MEC Group self-insured and captive customer and potential customer accounts. Support role in performing financial underwriting analysis on MEC individual self-insured accounts.
- Provide collateral analysis, administration, and monitoring for MEC's large deductible, GSI cross-border and captive programs
- Provide financial and underwriting support for MEC's surety bond, cross-border and Captive programs
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadershipto drive business decision making across the company.
- Support the financial compliance function for MEC, including annual financial calls for NCCI and the independent bureaus, all tax/assessment reporting and regulatory inquiries, as necessary.
- Vendor and management internal audits as needed.
- Cross train and serve as back-up for others on the Financial Accounting team, as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as necessary, to assure the overall success of the Finance Team.
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience in a corporate or public accounting environment.
- CPA certification, or commitment to achieve, preferred.
- 2 years Workers' Compensation or comparable Insurance experience preferred.
- "Big 4" or regional external audit experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with management, peers, and others within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within time and quality standards.
- Possess the following traits:
- Attention to detail.
- Timely production of quality work.
- Willingness to learn and participate in cross-training activities.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- OBIEE SmartView experience preferred.