Performs professional accounting and financial analysis work involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data. May include any or all of the following: preparation of journal entries; fixed asset or inventory accounting; balance sheet reconciliation; preparation of forecasts or budgets; cost accounting and other related areas. Ability to partner with area managers to identify opportunities and drive performance. Competent to work on all phases of his/her functional area. Operates with substantial latitude and only general supervision.
- Provide analytical support to one or more functional areas of the Covington mill becoming keenly aware of the drivers affecting performance and results and support business partnering and communications improvements.
Support monthly closing process and identify and implement process efficiency improvements.
- Support internal and external audit requirements.
- Become knowledgeable of financial systems and processes and identify Support SAP/JDE mapping, conversion and analysis.
Become knowledgeable and proficient in JDE/Hyperionreporting process
Active involvement in annual budgeting process and monthly forecasting process.
- Analyze the results and communicate the variances versus plan to area managers and the mill leadership team. Understand variances on a year to date and prior year basis.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures to improve the quality of financial analysis. Drive stronger ownership and accountability of results.
- Be a catalyst for continuous improvement and be comfortable with change.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining documentation of internal controls applicable to the assigned functional areas. Perform testing periodically and document results. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and audit requirements.
Develop savings calculations for improvement initiatives and capital projects.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering, with 5-7 years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office Software Tools specifically Excel.
- SAP, JD Edwards & Hyperionexperience a plus demonstrated understanding of GAAP.
- Proven analytical aptitude; ability to work independently in a professional manner with a team commitment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities.