On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS is a $20 billion business and is still growing fast ($5.11BN Q4 2017 Revenue, up 45% Y-o-Y). To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously and you should too!
This role is on the AWS Infrastructure team. We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, operating and innovating for our Cloud data centers.
Specifically, we are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our worldwide AWS Network Infrastructure finance team. Amazon’s network enables the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers in dozens of locations across the world. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon, including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, intelligence, throughput, and reliability. The network is simply critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
The Sr. Financial Analyst, Network Finance will partner with AWS Data Center Network Engineering (DCNE) and related departments to:
· Partner with the AWS DCNE team to develop and deliver financials for both long term strategic and short term operational plans.
· Maintain control over a large area of spend, and develop new processes and controls to support the fast-growing, global AWS business.
· Generate analyses that assist and influence business success. Develop models and benchmarks to ensure we always deploy the right capital in the right places at the right time.
· Review new network designs and provide guidance in analyzing all cost benefits, risks, and operational trade-offs.
· Drive automation, efficiency, and accuracy in our planning and controllership.
· Identify and drive cost reduction opportunities.
· Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
· 7+ years of financial leadership, including management experience
· Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to quantify and dollarize complex business questions
· Experience optimizing finance processes for speed, agility, and insight
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to learn new subject matter quickly and sufficiently to earn business partners’ trust
· Experience presenting ideas to senior executives
· Experience with data extraction and modeling using SQL, Power Query, Python or similar tools
· Intuitive, timely business judgment and controllership focus
· Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· MBA preferred.
Job ID: 624231