Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
As Senior Financial Analyst, you will work closely with our Operations team to drive our business forward. You will use your advanced principles of finance to analyze financial and non-financial information to anticipate the business environment and provide solutions to achieve and surpass the company goals.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Prepares, analyzes and interprets complex financial and non-financial information and recommends improvement opportunities to local, middle and senior management.
- Participates, facilitates and interprets for senior management operating results that include but are not limited to budget goals, cost reduction efforts, corporate initiatives and other identified opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes significantly to key project development, planning and implementation.
- Develops, manages and/or participates in action plans to facilitate the implementation and monitoring of operating directives.
- Directs, manages and conducts special and ad hoc information requests. Reports results of findings to market areas, groups and corporate offices.
- Facilitates communication and understanding between the field finance and operations functions and corporate Profit & Budget Analysis.
- As requested, may participate in conducting major bid and project reviews, including directing pro forma preparation and financial sensitivity analysis.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five years previous experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.