As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is a leading active asset management firm. As of March 31, 2018, Voya IM manages approximately $227 billion* for affiliated and external institutions as well as individual investors. Drawing on over 40 years of experience and an ongoing commitment to reliable investing, Voya IM has the resources and expertise to help long-term investors achieve strong investment results.
This position is responsible for assisting the finance team with the management and financial reporting process of Voya Investment Management business. Duties include assisting with the timely and accurate reporting of revenues and Asset under Management, performing various asset management billing functions, developing annual budgets and monthly forecast, performing revenue and expense variance analysis and interfacing with finance and business colleagues in Voya Investment Management, and the insurance companies of Voya Financial, Inc.
- Coordinate all aspects of financial planning (including budgets, monthly forecasts) in accordance with overall financial planning processes and timelines
- Ensure accurate management reporting of revenue, expenses, and assets under management for the Fixed Income business
- Assist with establishing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships with other reporting units in Voya Investment Management and Voya Financial, Inc.
- Use the existing databases, tools and processes to perform inter-unit billing and assist with identifying efficiencies to streamline the inter-unit billing process
- Responsible for posting revenue and expense journal entries, and performing various general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Perform variance analysis to support the corporate finance functions and assist with prompt response to on-going and ah-hoc requests for information
- Assist with maintaining proper controls, and documentation of the financial accounting process
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Voya Investment Management business practices and products
- Develop Market Data Services budgets and monthly expense forecast, perform variance analysis, maintenance of vendor service system
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5-7 years of accounting or finance experience, with heavy emphasis on management reporting. Fixed Income product knowledge is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics. CPA or CFA, preferred
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledger, Webfocus and Hyperion Essbase strongly desired
- Self-motivated individual with excellent analytical skills, strong attention to detail and a team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing business environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.