Summary / Description
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Financial Analyst, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will provide client support in the areas of budget, billing, reporting, and financial management for IT initiatives. Analyzes an organization's performance and capabilities in areas such as order management, credit, invoicing and dispute management. Works with customers to define and implement process, technology, and organizational improvements. Supports the definition of government financial business practices and incorporate processes into an automated solution. Assists in applying sound accounting and data processing principles. Integrates government financial business practices. Identifies potential problems and solutions through analysis and recommends solutions. Works with customers and applies best practices to effectively automate requirements. Applies applications, while adhering to established accounting principles and practices.
Provides leadership on major tasks or assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert Financial analysis knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
• Experience working with Federal government customers in support of delivery of information technology services.
• Ability to interpret requirements and translate into service requests if requested.
• Strong Excel skills. PowerPoint experience a plus.
• Experience reconciling invoices for recommendation of payment Knowledge of service level agreement requirements and application in the billing reconciliation process.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Skills in analyzing billing datasets for abnormal conditions.
• Experience in establishing or working with activity-based accounting or establishing chargeback mechanisms a strong plus.
• Thorough knowledge of government accounting practices; professional certification such as CPA is a plus.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and a minimum of 10 years of financial analysisexperience. Certification or significant experience can offset requirement for degree..
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a Public Trust Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.