Symantec Sales Finance is seeking to hire a Financial Analyst in Mountain View’s Symantec office, reporting to the Controller, Americas Sales Finance. You will be responsible for researching, validating and processing manual uploads and adjustments requests of booked sales orders. The job also entails to track, summarize, and report the quantity and reasons for adjustments requests with the end result to improve the upstream process and minimize the number of manual adjustments requests. You will also be responsible for supporting Americas Commissions questions and required research. You will work with cross functional teams with Sales Operations, Commissions Team, IT Team and others. The role may be expanded to support business partnering, reporting, and analytics.
- Validate and process manual adjustments including research
- Validate and upload manual bookings
- Work with upstream processes to eliminate the need for manual adjustments downstream
- Ensure clean, consistent, and timely cadence
- Provide insightful analysis to Controller by tracking, summarizing and reporting the quantities and reasons for manual adjustments
- Drive process improvements by maintaining and improving desk procedures
- Work with cross functional team (Sales Operations, Commissions Team, other Finance, etc.)
- Partner with US senior financial analysts in providing support to Americas Sales Leaders.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis or Sales Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance;
- Advanced analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Direct experience in commission planning and payments, a strong plus but not necessary
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail, meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work with cross functional teams, dive deep into the details
- Drive for results
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Enterprise systems experience: Oracle, Hyperion, Business Objects, SFDC, QlikView preferred
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.