From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
We are seeking a talented Senior Financial Analyst to join the FP&A functionoperating out of our Portland headquarters and reporting to theDirector of FP&A. This is a person who can drive value, collaborate with others and improve capacity of theteam. A key participant in the creation of the company’s operating forecastsin addition toproviding management with analytical tools and information to measure performance of the Company.
- Assists in bottoms up forecasts for the business including detail on income, balance sheet, cash flow statements
- Routinely communicates financial and operational performance trends and underlying metrics to business partners
- Complete budget-to-actual and forecast-to-actual variance analysis with commentary
- Development and implementationof key performance metrics, reports, dashboards and data within the company planning tool
- Continuously make improvements in forecasting accuracy, financial modelingandmonthly close
- Analyzing and reporting on SAAS metrics including, ACV, ARR/MRR, CAC, renewal rates, churn, ASP, etc.
- Partner with Engineering team to evaluate and actively manage Cloud expenses and cost structure
- Analyzing and reporting on Expenses including product profitability, vendor economics, and PO management
- Work with large amounts of data and to translate results into meaningful metrics and insights
- Assists in preparations for Company Board meetings, Company meetings, and monthly/quarterly management meetings
- Assist in ROI and ad-hoc analysis on strategic initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree inFinance,Accounting or Business
- 5-7 years of financial analysis experience
- Advanced Excel skills and experience including: nested functions, sumifs, vlookup, pivot table creation and development, visual basic / macros, arrays, etc.
- Experience with reporting financial data to leadershipboth verbally and written
- Experience with management and analysis of large datasets
- Experience with complex financial models using either Excel, ERPs, Power BI, Tableau orPlanning Tools
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines
- Previous experience with a SaaS business preferred
- Previous experience with SalesForce, Adaptive Insights,Netsuite, Intacct, Nexonia, Zuora, or similar platforms preferred