As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
General Mills is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to become part of our General Ledger and Fixed Assets team. The position is responsible for key aspects of the monthly close process including key reconciliations, systems scheduling, process execution and troubleshooting of issues. This role is very active in key projects and opportunities across the organization.
The team plays a global role in finance related activities including period closing, currency revaluation, financialmaster data, systems interfaces (integration), key controls and other global processes. We are the point of contract for finance/SAP related posting and reporting questions across the organization.
This is an opportunity to become a key player on a dynamic accounting and control team that utilizes their skill to optimize and close accounting periods and financial record to report processes. We execute, evaluate, coach, track, reconcile and control key financial processes.
- Insure accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and system processes
- Responsible for SAP’s Tops Down Distribution within COPA (SAP income statement)
- Responsible for Return on Capital (ROC) reporting
- Responsible for Various additional reconciliations and close support activities
- Learn all major accounting close functional processes supported by the work team, including key SAP functional integration and allocation processes
- Perform adhoc analysis and research as required to support initiatives, projects and objectives of the team
- Lead projects within the function as necessary
- Liaison with project teams, shared service teams and business teams on projects and initiatives that could impact financialreporting to insure accuracy and completeness
- Participate in system upgrades, re-alignments and other testing activities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in SAP FI/FICO/RTR, fixed assets, COPA, AP/AR and related modules
- Experience with BI tools for adhoc reporting
- Accounting experience including proficiency in key systems like SAP
- Experience with system implementations and major process change management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well on team and build effective relationships across all levels of the organization
- Willingness to work an extended schedule to oversee processes, support upgrades or project implementations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft suite of desktop applications
- Experience with Blackline is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
Job Number: 7776