This is a key role supporting our rapidly growing and dynamic Sales Finance organization reporting into the Senior Director of Sales Finance. This position will act as the key business partner to our worldwide Marketing, Sales, and Business Development organizations. The individual will act as a trusted finance partner for the supported business units including sales commissions’ administration, sales and marketing expense budgeting, forecasting and management reporting. We are looking for a self-starter, someone with great attention to detail, aptitude to resolve complex issues and can communicate at all levels within the organization. The position will have high visibility and interaction with Executive and senior managers in the supported organization, Corporate Finance, Accounting, Legal, HR.
Join a well-established, Sequoia-backed company that is on the cutting edge of using AI to deliver a superior customer experience. You’ll fit in well at 7 if you thrive owning problems, working collaboratively with global teams, and you drive to innovate to solve the complex issues necessary to get results. Even more, you ‘get’ what we do: innovating AI based technology to help companies acquire customers and manage relationships that drive new levels of customer satisfaction and profitability. Learn more at 247-inc.com.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL:
- Implement and improve processes to administer sales incentive compensation plans, ensure payment accuracy, and safeguard sales comp policies.
- Provide consultative support to management on diverse sales compensation issues including interpretation of compensation policies, creation of new compensation policies, communication of regulations, and resolution of disputes.
- Process routine process checks and improve processes to ensure compliance to internal audit requirements.
- Work with sales and finance partners to develop sales incentive compensation expense forecast and ensure accrual accuracy.
- Generate analysis and reporting to accurately report on sales performance and to plan effectiveness.
- Lead budgeting process for Annual Operating Plan and interim forecasts as it pertains to Sales headcounts and expenses, Marketing headcounts and program spend.
- Consolidate program level data into meaningful management reporting, providing categorization of spending and linking results to key initiatives.
- Provide timely reporting and variance analysis of actual spending to budget owners and corporate finance.
- Maintain Oracle cost center structure as it pertains to sales expenses, adjusting to changes in business structure.
- Ensure integrity of expense categories and enforce the accurate recording of transactions within those categories.
- Review monthly accrual recommendations to corporate finance to ensure accurate reflection of liabilities.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU HAVE:
- B.S. /B.A. degree in accounting or finance is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant working experience
- Sales Compensation and/or SG&A expense experience a must
- Audit or statistical reporting experience desirable
- Extremely detail oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, able to function well independently as well as in a team, and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and global team environment
- Candidate will interact with various levels of management across the organization, in particular direct support to Executive VPs in Sales and Marketing worldwide. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required as cross-functional projects occur on a regular basis
- Strong business analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, diplomacy, and a very upbeat customer-service attitude are essential
- Candidate must have advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, and be proficient with Oracle and Salesforce systems.
7 is redefining the way companies interact with consumers. Using artificial intelligence and machine learning to understand consumer intent, 7’s technology helps companies create a personalized, predictive and effortless customer experience across all channels. The world’s largest and most recognizable brands are using intent-driven engagement from 7 to assist several hundred million visitors annually, through more than 1.5 billion conversations, most of which are automated. The result is an order of magnitude improvement in digital adoption, customer satisfaction, and revenue growth.