Duties and responsibilities:
- Learns the businesses within the Fire Division.
- Owns preparation of division reporting.
- Owns division analysis of financial performance.
- Owns analysis of division KPI’s and benchmarking.
- Assists with financial projections and forecasts for the division.
- Assists with executive presentations of Annual Operating Plans (AOP’s) for the division.
- Assists with analysis and reporting for the Long Range Plan (LRP).
- Assists with ad-hoc strategic analysis, make vs buy, capital investments and return on investment.
- Assists with trouble shooting accounting and financial performance matters.
- Supports the company-wide continuous improvement of accounting, reporting and analysis processes.
- Supports other company-wide matters such as: financial diligence, integration, data governance, software implementations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA or CFA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years progressive accounting/finance experience.
- Strong attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and strong data analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to Executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to be coached and mentored.
Required Critical Attributes
- Motivated, self-starter who relishes the opportunity to create and build.
- Strong sense of professional curiousity problem solver who is coachable.
- Team player who is learning and development focused.
- Willingness to travel (10-15%) to learn the businesses.
- The role reports directly to the Division Controller. Peers include Financial Analysts for other divisions/segments and corporate.
- The small office environment within a large public company provides opportunity for a rich experience through exposure to corporate accounting, treasury, investor relations, tax and FP&A as well as to executive leadership.