The Senior Financial Analyst position will support Bridgestone's Research & Development (R&D) group in the development of our strategic outlook, forecast, budget, and business decisions. This position is located at Bridgestone Americas Technical Center in Akron, Ohio. This is a state-of-the-art R&D complex supporting Bridgestone's North America Tire Operations with new product development, materials research, and leading-edge innovation.
- Provides financial analyses including economic modeling, cash flow analysis, and concise financialreporting for large cross-functional innovation projects.
- Designs and implements product development project financial health reporting that is accurate, consistent, and clear.
- Designs a process to track, control, and forecast product development expenditures using SAP and internal SQL databases.
- Designs and implements process for allocating Product Development costs to Business Units.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing and Business Units to develop new product costs based on Design to Cost principles and track/report proposed cost changes as the product passes through the new product process.
- Leads Bridgestone Strategic Cost Leadership initiative for Product Development including development of project pipeline and results tracking.
- Participates in monthly financial close, analysis, and management reporting.
- Enables quarterly updates on innovation project cost to support stage-gate decision making on innovation project funding
- Leads the annual budget process for Product Development including scheduling, management touchpoints, inputs, analysis, and reporting
- Applies business, technical, and operational expertise to drive process improvements through applications, business practices, performance measurement, and reporting.
- Generate ad hoc analysis and reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years in Corporate Financial Analysis/Consulting/Accounting or operational FP&A
- P&L background along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts
- Excellent communication and people skills: need to build relationships with many stakeholders, both inside and outside of the Finance organization
- Proficient in preparing executive-grade reporting and summarizing findings and recommendations
- Consistent track record of taking ownership and making things happen
- Experience with SAP and SQL database
- Proficient with MSOffice applications
- Strong project management skills
- Master’s degreepreferred in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or other analytical discipline