We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to participate in a wide variety of financial planning services in areas of strategic and financial planning, operational analysis, benchmarking, capital project review, and consultation. Participate in the preparation and review of annual plans and analyses, preparation of feasibility studies, summary schedules, operations analysis, risk contract analysis, contract financial settlements. Develop and maintain processes for contract modeling, reporting, planning and forecasting. Ownership for complex special projects as assigned. Prepare financial analyses for assigned projects, entities, and/or departments.
In this position you will:
- Assist in the development, implementation, and support of standards and procedures for the long-range financial plan, annual budget and capital processes for Population Health and System ACO. Communicate guidelines, assumptions, reporting requirements and deadlines to a variety of entities. Assist in consolidation of data files for capital and operating budgets and reviewing/recording/reporting risk contract financial results.
- Complete special projects designed to improve the financial performance of Population Health Finance and System ACO, including identifying opportunities for administrative and clinical synergies; develop recommendations for consideration by management; and assist in the implementation of approved recommendations.
- Provide data and financial analyses to support business development and strategic planning initiatives. Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, judge accuracy, appropriateness and plausibility of reports and financial proposals.
- Assist in the development of population, demographic, and utilization forecasting, historical trend analyses, financial feasibility studies, and quantitative analyses that allow the organization to assess and improve the performance of healthcare delivery.
- Coordinate with the System Office to ensure that required reporting related to the long range plan and the budget is done in a timely manner using the required software.
- Communicate ACO plan impacts to regional financial leadership and planning support staff.
- Participate in all mandatory staff meetings, in-services and training programs to ensure continued understanding of all policies, procedures and improvement processes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field.
- Requires 5-7 years of professional accounting and analytical experience to include extensive use and knowledge of MS Office Products.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Health care finance operations including financial budgeting, reporting and analysis.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- An advanced business degree and CPA highly.
- Experience in health care finance operations including financial budgeting, reporting and analysis, and/or patient accounting.