We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to participate in a wide variety of financial planning services in areas of strategic and financial planning, operational analysis, benchmarking, capital project review, and consultation. Assist in the review of annual plans and analyses, preparation of feasibility studies, summary schedules, operations analysis, analysis of mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, business valuations and transaction settlements. Conduct benchmark analyses, periodic reporting, surveys, and special projects. Prepare financial analyses for assigned projects, entities, and/or departments. Coordinate the annual budget process and long-range financial plan and conduct focused financial reviews, as assigned.
In this position you will:
- Develop and implement operational analysis, benchmarking, capital process and project review, preparation of feasibility studies, analysis of mergers and acquisitions (including due diligence), business valuations and transaction settlements. Define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, appropriateness and plausibility of reports and financial proposals. Develop utilization forecasting, historical trend analyses, financial feasibility studies, and quantitative analyses that allow the organization to assess and improve the performance of healthcare delivery.
- Prepare budgets and annual budgets and recommend assumptions for budgeting, long-range financial plan.
- Develop capital budgets, track construction and progress, partner with accounting to put asset into use.
- Work directly with business leaders to understand financial performance including business drivers. Partner with business leaders to develop operational improvement plans. Develop understanding of business drivers for large segments of business. Develop and provide training to leadership teams and managers regarding budget reporting, metrics and related information. Answer questions and resolves issues for managers and teams regarding budget and capital reports and processes. Provide interpretation of information provided as necessary.
- Conduct benchmarking, monitor productivity.
- Summarize and report results to leadership team and others as appropriate. Coordinate special requests for financial and statistical information to facilitate efficient retrieval and access to accounting and financial data. Lead efforts to develop effective budget reports and enhance the reports and budget, LRFP and forecast process over time.
- Accurately predict future financial results based on key drivers and assumptions.
- Develop Pro Formas to support business needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a health care-related discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous business & financial analysis, reporting and analysis planning & project management with experience in budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, capital planning, business analysis and / or project planning.
- Experience in a large, matrixed organization.
- Extensive use and knowledge of MS Office Product.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A Master’s degree in Health Administration, Public Health or Business Administration.
- Experience in finance operations including financial budgeting reimbursement and/or patient accounting.