This position will serve as a Finance partner to our internal Business and Marketing Teams by providing analytical and decision support with a focus on pricing and profit. This position will also work closely with other Sr. Finance Analysts to proactively deliver business and financial insights and variance analysis across different brands, categories, regions and technologies. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, be able to independently and effectively navigate and interact across multiple functions and thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Support Marketing and Business teams on new product development by developing P&L scenarios. This includes:
o Gathering and validating cost inputs, including raw materials, labor and transportation.
o Partnering with the Trade team to incorporate a trade rate assumption to capture price discounts, merchandising fees and slotting
o Analyzing competitive pricing in the marketplace using Nielsen data or by leveraging the Consumer Insights Team
o Understand and evaluate the internal gross and net pricing relationships to similar products or programs
o Recommended pricing scenarios for new products and prepare summaries of revenue and profit impacts to present to Marketing and Business Team partners.
• Perform ad hoc financial analyses including pricing analyses, sales volume projections, incremental and cannibalization estimates and general P&L budgeting exercises.
• Represent Pricing/Finance in monthly business team meetings and escalate concerns and priorities to Pricing/Finance leaders.
• Learn how to execute various pricing actions in JDE (ERP system) such as adding new pricing, making a price adjustment or attaching a customer to a price list. Serve as a back-up to the JDE Pricing Super-User.
• Develop or maintain excel models or new processes to help improve productivity, accuracy or decision-making.
• Support finance and management teams with special projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics. MBA Preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in Finance, Pricing, Strategic Planning or related Business Analysis role.
• Previous food industry, CPG or manufacturing experience strongly desired.
• Experience building and managing P&Ls.
• Experience with ACNielsen market data a plus.
• Strong financial and analytical skills.
• Ability to think critically, draw conclusions from information and develop recommendations.
• Must be able to effectively interact, collaborate and communicate across multiple functions in the organization, cooperating and building consensus to drive results.
• Ability to influence business decisions with concrete financial support.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and manage workload in an environment of competing priorities.
• Must be organized, thorough and accurate.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and affinity for numbers.
• Computer skills: Advanced use of Excel; PowerPoint; TM1 experience a plus.
Job ID SENIO04646