We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Rochester, NY office. A Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for developing revenue projections, identifying variances to budget, supporting business development initiatives, training, and completing analyses and ad hoc reporting support as required.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Rochester, NY
- Coordinate and act as the point person for analytical support for entire life-cycle of client engagements.
- Develop economic models to assess profitability for new business proposals and workable pricing solutions in response to attorney/client requirements
- Contribute to the annual rate setting process
- Manage regular incoming data needs from various constituents throughout the firm.
- Develop ad-hocfinancial analyses and complex financial models.
- Maintain, update, and distribute analyses for engagements.
- Actively participate in the development and enhancement of new and existing analytical tools.
- Contribute in a team-oriented environment focusing on process improvements.
- Oversee and submit various annual surveys.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Duties must be performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business oriented setting is required, preferably in a professional services environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Accounting
- Excellent PC skills, particularly in MS Excel and Access; including pivot tables, graphs, advanced formulas, and simple queries. Proficiency working with multi-dimensional databases and query-writing a plus.
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships with individuals at all levels within the firm.
- Aptitude for quickly understanding, managing and manipulating data in an efficient manner
- Ability to develop processes (start to finish) and make complex reports easily repeatable
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding planning and organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service experience and approach
- Energetic, dynamic, self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills