This role supports the financial planning, analysis and reporting tasks within the McKesson Life Sciences segment within McKesson Specialty Health, in particular support of Specialty Pharmacy. The role will model, analyze and communicate key metrics and drivers of the business with clear ability to create insightful analysis, particularly as it relates to the business unit, revenue, profit and resource requirement measures. Additionally, this role will manage the cash application and accounts receivable activities for patient accounts at the pharmacy. This role is expected to handle pharmacy leadership’s financial analysis requirements in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Financial Analysis, Modeling and Reporting
- This position is expected to provide timely, relevant and accurate analytics to management to facilitate decision-making objectives.
- Develop high-quality Excel based financial models and other ad-hoc financial analysis to support decision making such as sensitivity/scenario analysis, resource requirement modeling and cost controls with limited oversight.
- Understand and communicate variance analysis against historical, budget, forecasts and strategic plans.
- Maintain forecasting, budgeting, and actual performance models.
- Business Partnership
- Work collaboratively with groups across various geographies and provide value-added analysis to the business leaders.
- Communicate analytical results verbally, in writing and in presentation form to all levels of management.
- Ad Hoc Request / Special Projects
- Initiating and carrying out special financial or planning projects of varying nature and complexity with limited supervision by clarifying objectives and assumptions or making appropriate judgments where necessary.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives or projects related to business unit objectives.
5+ years accounting, finance, finance analytics or similar experience
- Complex problem solving, analytical and financial modeling skills - ability to identify the root cause of issues, propose possible solutions or improvements and influence ultimate decision.
- Ability to work with and communicate with all organization levels, including senior management; ability to present and explain financial information to non-finance professionals.
- Project Management experience is required with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately to meet competing deadlines.
- Advanced Excel, Proficient PowerPoint.
- People management skills preferred
- Prior experience in management reporting
- Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of financial statements.
- Large ERP system experience desired (SAP, Hyperion, TM1, Cognos, Essbase, etc)