This position is responsible for data collection, reconciliation, review/evaluation and reporting in appropriate formats detailed financial analyses of various operational activities to aid in the facilitation of an integrated health system (incorporating the “big picture views” of both the health care delivery and health plan lines of business). This position is responsible for acquiring, developing, sorting and selecting, and reporting in appropriate formats various operational activities, such as payor contracting activities, practice data analysis, and health status adjustments to plan revenue. In addition, this position will support the detailed preparation, analysis and presentation of Return on Investments (ROIs), Business Case Analyses (BCAs) and Cost Benefit Analyses (CBAs) for the Finance Business Consultants. The Senior Financial Analyst will interact with staff and management from other departments, outside the organization and other members within the Finance Department on a regular basis.
The position requires advanced skills in the reporting and preparation of data in order to effectively present data into meaningful formats for end users.
- Develops forecasting tools and methodologies that can be deployed at the corporate level and to the departments to better link the operational units to corporate strategies.
- Prepares presentations and proposals, recommending best business practices from analytic findings to finance leadership.
- Effectively uses strong communication skills to facilitate understanding among various audiences
- Analyzes monthly financialreporting to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares ad hoc financial and operational analyses to address specific business questions or decisions. Develops special analytical reports and compilation of data.
- Performs monthly accounting closing activities to ensure accurate compilation of financial data and timely data uploads to accounting software.
- Provides analysis to enable business line management to better understand and serve patient and member.populations.
- Creates standardized templates, report formats, and processes for analyzing data from multiple sources.
- Ensures that comprehensive reports are provided in a timely, accurate and user appropriate format.
- Provides first-level support to departmental owners to understand results and variances.
- Develops monitoring tools for departmental business plans that track the expected performance targets for key initiatives in the approved business plan.
- Maintains a current functional understanding of the financial and operational analytical and reporting tools including in house developed tools, Cognos, and others development process and in analyzing results and variances.
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Business or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education. Master’s of Business Administration preferred.
- 6+ years of financialexperience, health care delivery/operations or health insurance industry with increasingly responsible positions preferred.
- Familiarity with accounting and budgeting software and procedures.