Responsible for accurate financial analysis and delivering instrumental data and facts to business leaders to assist in making good business decisions. Responsible for a variety of analyses including, forecasting, trends, annual operating plan (AOP), operational performance, and long-range planning. In addition, this position will make recommendations to improve financial operations.
- Being the financial support and subject matter expert for the Operations functions (Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Improving financial status by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends and recommending actions
- Preparing and providing information and recommendations to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports and making presentations of findings to help management with running the business which may include but not be limited to, inventory, production activities and expenses
- Playing a key role in performing various monthly and quarterly analyses to achieve a deep understanding of the factors influencing the results
- The content, quality, and accuracy of financial reporting systems, reports, analysis, and documents prepared for both internal and external distribution
- Analytical skills necessary to review/analyze accounting and financial data
- Ability to identify, measure, evaluate, and improve, if necessary, the effectiveness of accounting, financial, managerial, and operational controls
- Strong verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse group of people in a team environment
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, Hyperion, specifically advance knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Excel including experience with query tools
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with a strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Absorb, understand and be aware of what is happening in the organization at any point in time from a financial standpoint. Also, the need to understand the operational needs and issues from the other person’s perspective, and balance them against financialneeds and practices
- Resource and advisor to all levels of management in the organization
- Working on a wide-range of assignments, that typically involve financial and quantitative analysis to support the team in making informed data-driven decisions about short-term and long-term direction of Lannett Company Inc.
This position reports to the Director of FP&A. The position must maintain relationships with other members of the Lannett management and senior management team, as well as the lead management in Finance.
In working with all levels in the organization, must have an intellectual curiosity and be active in the company by observing and asking questions to learn. This information is critical to be able to identify any flaws in processes and operations that could be detrimental to the Company’s ability to compete and grow.
Experience building complex financial models, ROI analysis, variance analysis, accounting processes, internal controls and account analysis, and financial reporting. Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley. Must be proficient in Hyperion, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and have working knowledge of accounting software programs; SAP strongly preferred.
Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented public company environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required with at least five years of related work experience; CPA and/or MBA a plus, SAP (FI-CO) experience a plus, Hyperion Planning experience a plus and Pharmaceutical industry experience a plus.