What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing timely, convincing, relevant and technically sound financial analysis and recommendations that will assist end-users in evaluating corporate performance and support decision making. The Analyst provides this support to all levels of management in the Digital and Finance Organizations through performing financial analysis, management reporting, strategic planning, budgeting and leading special projects. The Senior Financial Analyst is expected to work independently with the Division they support, representing the Finance Department as a subject matter expert.
- Partners closely with the Digital Leadership Team in the planning, development, and execution of financial objectives
- Drives proactive ad-hocfinancial analysis by identifying what information is needed, where the data can be found and how it should be compiled, analyzed & presented
- Owns the set-up, creation and execution of strategic planning, budgeting, and subsequent intra-yearforecasting of processes and tools
- Produces budget justification analysis utilized by the Leadership Team to review, prioritize and make decisions on the proposed operating budget
- Identifies financial impact of strategic objectives, which are factored into the teams five-year strategic plan
- Compiles monthly reporting that explains business drivers and P&L variances
- Produces profitability analysis for proposed new investments and tracks the actual result versus the pro-forma
- Works with department managers to identify best practices for expense tracking and what metrics should be measured; instills focus on forecast accuracy and financial discipline
- Interacts with internal and external auditors, providing data and explanations on processes flows.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of related experience in accounting/finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or similar
- MBA or similar certification
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and objectively solve problems
- Ability to present analysis and recommendations to senior level management in a clear & concise format
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple tasks & meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently without much supervision and as an effective team leader.
- Demonstrated project management skills exercising sound judgment while displaying initiative and innovation on the job
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced PC experienceworking with Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Essbase, SAP, and/or equivalent planning and ERP systems
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Powerpoint skills and presentation preparation experience