Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Perform and coordinate the development, tracking, reporting and analysis of financial information including managerial reporting, financial reporting, budget creation and income statement analysis. Perform account reconciliations as assigned. Provide proactive, clear and actionable recommendations and alternatives to management. Document key processes and internal control points for reporting to management. Perform independently and direct activities of analysis as appropriate.
- Perform on going monthly tracking, reconciliation and revisions as required for assigned areas of O&M, capital and balance sheet costs. Provide projections of the impact of deviations on the financial outlook for the remainder of the year. Effectively communicate results through concise oral and written communications.
- Provide financial analysis and support to the budget managers for the annual budget process. Prepare rate case information and analysis as required to support submissions.
- Document key processes of areas assigned to ensure consistency and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Provide proactive process improvement recommendations and assist in implementing the accepted solutions.
- May perform various financial analysis (and/or modeling) for project evaluations.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related business degree or a combination of education/experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in general financial accounting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis and problem solving desired.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service and relationship building desired.
- CPA, CMA or MBA
- Emphasis on financial modeling
- Accounting background (month end close, recording accruals and performing reconciliations)
- Budgeting and forecasting experience