Senior Financial Analyst
Our client is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for predictive, financial analysis geared at specific profitability and productivity initiatives, high quality thinking and applied financial modelling. The Senior Financial Analyst will also be responsible for financial reporting of key lender and private equity packages, a monthly analysis of key metrics and proactive P&L expense and variance reviews, identifying trends and opportunities in the business. The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in the refinement and continued evolution of models and reports that support our budget and forecast processes. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally to help business partners identify opportunities for revenue maximization and/or expense abatement. This position reports to the Director of Strategy and Analytics.
- An integral player in the budget and forecast process, who will be responsible for store-specific expenses, as well as corporate admin departments. Will consistently run variances to budget and provide guidance on trends, strategies to get back to the budget, and recommend changes to the forecast.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of financial reports, operating statements and key metrics used by management. Develop new and innovative reporting through existing tools and implementation of new reporting technology and improved automation.
- Conduct monthly financial review meetings with business managers. Provide variance reporting and work collaboratively to uncover solutions or opportunities to get back to the budget. Assess future needs of the business and provide feedback to leadership on potential short-term and long-term risks and opportunities.
- Perform various financial analyses or support on projects, cost containment or revenue enhancement opportunities, and related recommendations such as headcount, productivity or comparative industry analyses.
- Proactively assess risk, develop alternatives and implement recommendations to ensure the business unit meets their financial and strategic commitments.
- Develop an iterative financial forecasting process by working with the business.
- Conduct regular financial reviews with management examining actual results compared to budgets/forecasts and forward-looking opportunities/risks.
- Track and forecast capital expenditures so that we have complete transparency to spend; identify potential overspends before they happen and maintain seamless integration into our cash flow forecasting.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably a degree in quantitative and analytical disciplines including: Operations Research, Statistics/Mathematics, Finance, Decision Sciences or Economics.
- 5-10 years of financial reporting, forecasting, planning and analysis experience, preferably in a dynamic, multi-unit retail or franchisee environment.
- Private equity background/consulting a must.
- Strong Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Experience with reporting/financial tools and a strong understanding of financial reporting.
- Knowledge of GAAP and other related accounting and finance standards, policies and procedures.
- Excellent modeling capabilities including cash flow, discounted cash flow, NPV and IRR.
- Strong understanding of the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements and creating algorithms within spreadsheets that allow for quick and efficient sensitivity analyses.
- Must be at least 21 years old and be able to pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record (i.e. no more than 2 moving violations within the last 2 years and no DWI/DUI's, suspensions and/or “at fault” accidents within the last year).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.