The Senior Financial Analyst position is responsible for providing financial insight and support for the Bridgestone Americas (BSAM) Information Technology (IT) organization. This advanced financial analysis role is responsible for constructing and consolidatingfinancial forecasts/plans based upon routine activities, strategic projects and diverse team initiatives. This role is also responsible for performing trend analysis, providing investment decision support and maintenance of monthly reporting/forecasting system. This position reports to the IT Controller and interacts with other members of the BSAM Finance team to share best practices and help drive Finance initiatives.
- Supports budgeting and financial planning to align business strategy with proper investment to fund activities that drive the business.
- Leads monthly closing process for functional areas of responsibility.
- Produces in-depth analyses for review by management with recommendations and enhanced insight that will influence overall business decision making.
- Educates the team on financialprocesses and identifies areas for process improvement.
- Ensures processes and procedures are followed by groups supported.
- Responsible for integrating resources effectively and anticipating conflicting needs with pro-active solutions.
- Operates as part of a larger team and in managing own work.
- Maintains strong interactive relationships with internal customers by listening, clarifying and responding effectively.
- Leads Bridgestone Strategic Cost Leadership initiative for IT including development of project pipeline and results tracking.
- Designs and implements process for allocating IT costs to Business Units.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in Finance.
- Ability to deliver breakthrough results in a challenging business environment
- Expert level in Microsoft suite of products including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency with SAP.
- MBA Degree and /or professional certification (eg. CMA, CPA).