This position reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and will work closely with the Global Security Finance team as well as SAT functional leaders. This position will be a key contributor to the Finance team, partnering with functional leaders and field personnel to provide meaningful performance insight and analysis to the business, drive efficiency, and deliver stated financial objectives. The ideal candidate will have previous financeresponsibilities, including budgeting, accounting activities, and reporting. The individual must possess excellent analytical and communications skills and be able to work with and support senior operating leaders.
Scope / Responsibilities
- Primary analyst to the Director of FP&A, assisting with the preparation of reporting and any ad hoc analysis required by business unit management.
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly review processes for SAT. Partner with operating leaders to develop realistic financial plans and forecasts aligned to operational goals.
- Manage SAT monthly close process in conjunction withControllership; including JE's, accruals, and flux analysis.
- Provide detailed recurring analysis of SG&A & CAPEX spend (forecast & actual) and run departmental review meetings.
- Action process improvement projects to gain efficiencies in reporting and forecasting cycles.
- Provide financialsupport for new initiatives and ad hoc data requests.
- Establish consistent operating routines with partners including standard reporting, metrics, and rhythms. Actively pulse business partners to monitor progress and/or highlight gaps versus strategic objectives.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or similar analytical discipline
- 2-6 years of relevant work experience
Skills & Experience
- Ability and structure to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and deliver results
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills with ability to manipulate, aggregate, filter, and summarize large data sets into actionable insights
- Ability to communicate at all levels with self-confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally and across business boundaries to solve issues and drive projects to completion
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of Hyperion HFM and SAP or their equivalent SAP
- Possess Leadership Qualities in Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Vision, Boundarylessness, Stretch, and Speed